What is AcneFree?
AcneFree is a very popular acne clearing system that claims to be able to remove your acne within days. How they attempt to do this is by including a several stage treatment with different effects. There are also different kits of this solution so what is contained within each will vary, however the premise is always the same, their main acne fighting agent is their special micro Benzoyl Peroxide and everything else is just preparing your skin for it’s use and calming your skin after it’s use. A regular kit will contain the following parts:
- First we have the anti-acne cleansing wash. It is used for removing any dead skin cells and other irritants, so the chance of irritants on the skin itself causing your acne is severely reduced.
- Second comes the corrective toner, which after you have used the wash solution, removes any remaining oils that might have remained.
- Their third treatment is called “maximum strength repair lotion“. The main benefit of this lotion, a 10% Benzoyl Peroxide solution, which has confirmed benefits of killing germs on your skin (bacteria), it reduces any inflammation in the applied area and also helps unclog pores.
- And finally their fourth one is called “retinol complex” which after using the benzoyl solution is a welcome addition, as while it is effective, it can irritate your skin immensely. The retinol solution contains ingredients that soothe and calm your skin, making it good for use to make your skin less irritated.
It claims the following:
- Visible results in just days.
- Their special micro-sized Benzoyl Peroxide claims to absorb better and start working faster, without being even near as harsh as normal Benzoyl Peroxide.
- Treats existing acne breakouts and helps stop new outbreaks before they start.
What is the reality?
The 2 most important ingredients in this solution are:
- Benzoyl Peroxide 10% and 2.5% for the wash (provides the main punch behind this solution and is what will help you get rid of your acne) and is also the main reason so many people who have used it find it very hard to keep using for a long time.
- Glycolic Acid (a less irritating solution used mostly for exfoliating and moisturizing, it makes the effect of other chemicals less irritating)
The full list of ingredients can be found at their official site here.
“I suffer from mild acne all the time. Nothing crazy and I decided to try this product based on the good reviews. Well I never have to worry about them anymore, it’s worked great for me and I’d definitely recommend AcneFree to everyone I know!”
“Hi. My name is Suzy and I’ve had moderate acne since my teenage years. I’ve tried some home remedies that my mom made for me, I tried some stuff on the internet, nothing really worked. I tried proactiv, I tried acnefree. Proactiv wasn’t bad, but it didn’t really do much for my acne. My face is naturally very oily. This AcneFree just mad my face even more oily and shiny, but didn’t do much for my acne, so if you have very oily skin I would recommend to not use it if you have oily skin, it might work if you have dry skin though.”
“I didn’t really like this one, it left a really bad smell behind, it worked alright with my acne, but I just can’t use it anymore because the smell was just bad.”
“It worked, I’m a single mom of a child in his teen year and I used it on him and it actually got better… I was so surprised, but he did say that his face started to hurt after a bit so I just use it a lot less and it’s all good.”
AcneFree Solution Ratings
AcneFree is an above average solution that might just give you a life with no acne. However, be careful as it is reportedly very strong on the skin and might become really irritating in the long run.