Many people, maybe even you, have used some sort of face mask in their lives.
Whether it was:
- premade and just applied
- applied for you by a professional
- or made by yourself and applied at home
All for one reason and one reason only. To either make you or more precisely make your skin feel better or look nicer.
And it is the same with acne. While not a written rule, acne isn’t exactly a beauty mark and those that have acne outbreaks tend to want to get rid of them. Preferably in the shortest time possible. And never to return if that’s alright with them.
Now, while applying just singular ingredients like the ones from this extensive list could do wonders…
Or applying acne treating creams, with ingredients such as Benzoyl Peroxide which remove the culprit at it’s source… Sometimes making a face mask can be a better experience. It is usually cheaper to make than buying a treating solution and has more ingredients in it.
Something in the middle to say.
But this begs the question… What to even put into such a face mask, that it will have a positive effect on your acne?
5 Great Face Masks To Use Against Acne
The Cinnamon Mask
For the first mask, you will be using 3 important ingredients
- Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- A wedge of lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- Mix all of these ingredients at the same time until you end up with a paste like mixture.
- If it has problems mixing, heat up the honey until you can mix it properly.
As you know, lemons contain an ingredient called Salicylic acid which dries your skin of any excess oil, which is usually the main reason why acne pimples appear. Honey by itself helps with the texture as well. Cinnamon is also regarded as highly antibacterial and anti-inflammatory which severely decreases acne outbreaks when applied.
A Mask Of Salt
The second mask is made completely from salt and water.
It works well because salt dries your skin (no excess oil / sebum) and is a great exfoliator if rubbed gently.
- To create this simple mask, either obtain sea water directly or introduce a small amount of salt to regular water.
- After half an hour of letting it sit, apply it only to your acne pimples.
- Another half an hour later, rinse it gently. This way, all the oil will be washed away with the water.
- Do this once every day and your acne is bound to at least decrease.
The Apple Cider Vinegar Mask
Great ingredients in this mask as well, apple cider vinegar, green tea, honey and sugar!
The instructions to make this mask are like this:
1. Add 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a bowl.
2. Make some green tea and wait for it to cool. Add 2 tbsp of said tea to the mix.
3. Add 5 tbsp of sugar to the bowl.
4. Add 1 tbsp of honey to the bowl.
5. Stir until a creamy texture is achieved. Add more sugar is it’s not creamy enough.
This face mask is one of the better exfoliant masks, as it is applied to the face, then massaged, creating a soft dermabrasion effect, which removes dead skin cells and excess oil on the skin. This helps the skin from clogging itself and creating more acne, while reducing the existing ones as much as possible. Just take care to not use this more than once per week, as excessive exfoliating can damage your skin.
The Yogurt Mask
Yogurt is usually present in every household, coupled with some honey, which should make making this mask a breeze.
1. Add 1 tbsp of honey with 1 tbsp of Yogurt.
2. Mix until a good texture is achieved.
Apply to your face and wait for up to 30 minutes. Rinse said mask off and go about your day. Simple, but so satisfying.
What is important to know with the egg mask is that you will only be using the egg white. Therefore, you could use this mask when the yolk can be used for some other useful reason, otherwise it will be thrown away.
There are no instructions for this mask, as applying it simply involves applying the egg white directly to your face for about half an hour then rinsing it gently with some water.
All of these 5 masks will:
- Improve your skin tone
- Decrease or slowly remove your acne
- Prevent new outbreaks of acne
- Make your skin look much better
But, if you are still not satisfied and need more examples of which ingredients you can use, take a look at more than 20+ ingredients which have been shown to have a great effect on acne when used.
And most of them can be used as a face mask as well!