Well, you either have them for a long time and finally decided you want them gone or just found them and really don’t know what to make of it.
Now there is one more type of stretch marks, the red stretch marks.Those are treated differently. Red ones are new, they just appeared, not so long ago, usually less than a month or 2.
The second and last type of them are white, which you probably have. White marks are another story altogether as these are old ones that have been there for a while and have rooted themselves in their position.
Not surprisingly, it is also a lot harder to even affect them. There is a big possibility that your scars are also more of a purple or silver tint. This is merely a sign of their age, for example if it is purple it is a bit younger, but not young, and silver is a bit older, but not old.
But regardless of the color of the stretch mark, treatments are always available.
Solutions that exist for white stretch marks usually give much less results than with red ones, that is the reality of the situation that white stretches bring.
However, not all is lost.
Before any treatment is to be used, it is very beneficial to first follow a set of guidelines that will prepare your skin to be at its best when you start treating it. While this is easier ignored for younger scars, ignoring these simple 5 steps might be the difference between no results and complete removal.
5 Simple Steps To Revitalize Your Skin, Without Spending An Extra Dime
- Skin Hydration – keep your skin hydrated and it will be much more elastic, less prone to new damages and faster to recover. Apart from healing stretch marks, if you have any other skin problems, they will be lessened as well. Be sure to drink enough glasses of water per day to achieve perfect hydration.
- Moisturize –You need to moisturize, even after you are striae free. It is what keeps the skin strong, elastic, vibrant, supple and also more likely to resist forced stretching.
- Lead A Healthy Lifestyle – being active a few times a week, while eating healthy nutrients has great benefits not only to your skin but to your body and self-esteem as well. It has been proven numerous times that a diet consisting of enough required vitamins and minerals is of a great benefit to all processes that happen daily in your own body.
- Limit Sun Exposure And Wear Sunscreen – preventing and protecting skin from sun exposure is important, as too much exposure makes your marks more exposed and visible, especially if you are tanned as the stretches do not tan, when the skin does.
- Exfoliate – exfoliating is actually rubbing any dead skill cells that keep gathering on the edge of your skin. When cleaned or rubbed off, it shows the new and still alive skin underneath, making all treatments faster due to the direct absorption into the living, healing part of skin. Make sure to do it correctly, so you don’t damage your skin in the process.
Follow as many of the upper guidelines as possible, and when doing at least a few, only then is it worth doing the treatments as you will get the full results out of them.
If you follow EVERY SINGLE TREATMENT you will create the best chance of removing white stretch marks.
And now, 4 Possible Solutions to Get Rid Of White Stretch Marks
- Homemade Solutions – can be quite cheap and a good way to try out the reaction of your skin to certain ingredients. The results themselves are questionable at best and really depend on what you decide to use, some will only make you look more shiny or oily, while others can have some nice fading effects. A removal is not really possible at this late stage, but as said, some mild fading can still be achieved using creams made at home. You can however increase the chance of it working better for you by using the right ingredients in your mix.
- Stretch Mark Creams – a viable solution that can work regardless of the the current color of striae. Priced a bit more, but still nothing that a few coffees less in a month can’t save. They have all the benefits of ingredients, which is their nutrients and the benefit of being tested by tens of thousands of people. With these and our reviews, you can make an informed decision on which one will work the best for you.
- Laser Surgery – a very costly way to remove marks, using laser technology. It stimulates the tissue around scars to heal it faster, just like when muscle is built, it is first teared a bit, then it grows stronger. Other than this, it provides no external benefits apart from the healing and after the few seasons of treatments, it stops healing. If this method is picked, it is best used hand in hand with a cream, as the addition of nutrients, with the increased healing from lasers, will show you a good way to get your white stretches in control. You may want to think twice about using it though.
- Skin Surgery – in essence the only way to permanently remove stretch marks, but in contrast the cost is very, very high. While yes, due to the scars themselves being cut out they will never appear in the same place twice. However, it is not a fast solution as many think, as surgery itself can give you scars. While not the same as stretch marks, these also take time to heal. But if the money is not an issue, then be prepared for a downtime for at least 1 month as it will take that long for the surgery scars to patch up.