Hemorrhoid or otherwise called anal skin tags is one of those embarrassing and uncomfortable situations that even visiting the doctor seems daunting.
Now, before you read on, it is important that you have correctly identified the skin tags so you can know with certainty that everything written here applies to you.
The Reasons Why You Get Skin Tags Around Your Anus
- As mentioned here in the full guide to skin tags, the most likely reason why they form is due to friction of the skin to skin.
- In other words, they usually form where the skin is constantly under friction, like the armpits and in this case, the butt cheeks.
- And when the skin is being rubbed, a small rice sized, dead skin part forms.
- While saying that it is dead, its worth noting that it still has blood flow into it, that is why when you stop the blood flow or agitate them they change color.
Can Everyone Get Them?
There is little preference in their forming, meaning that indeed everyone can get them, no matter their age.
However, as said, there is a little preference.
- The ones that are a bit more prone to get skin tags are
- overweight people
- people with diabetes
- pregnant women
- generally older people(60+ years).
- There is some talk about certain diseases having an effect, but other than diabetes possibly having a link to it, there are no official studies that either confirm or deny any of these claims.
If you fit within this criteria in any way, the chance of you getting new skin tags is increased. You might want to consider that when figuring out what type of treatment you wish to pursue.. Either a one-time treatment that will needed to be done over and over again, like dental floss or a longer term treatment like creams which will only require you to purchase the bottle/tube once.
Treating / Removing Hemorrhoid Skin Tags
No matter what, a skin tag is pretty much the same, no matter where on your body it shows up.
And because of this, the same general treatments apply to skin tags on your anus as well.
- However, you can probably imagine why visiting a doctor, or doing some cutting yourself is something that most people don’t want to put up with the embarrassment and heightened pain from the anus glands.
While talking about cutting, this becomes even more troublesome due to the fact that you have much more blood flowing around your anus.
- Meaning that if you cut of your tag, it will bleed much more than usually and may even be dangerous if the bleeding isn’t stopped.
So basically you are stuck with either hurting a lot, or exposing your anal regions to a doctor.
Which is true if there were only these 2 available, but in this case where comfort is most important, maybe using a cream solution sounds like a really good idea.
Think about it:
- You never need to cut anything and fell pain.
- Show any embarrassing body part to anyone.
- But instead just apply the cream solution and it will do its job without any pain or discomfort.
Creams? Don’t they smell?
Let’s be honest about something here.
- While most people take care of their butt checks with great care, it is the area where most people won’t put their nose next to, so in reality does it even matter how it smells?
It would matter if the tags were on your face, as then can you imagine yourself having to smell it and the people around you doing the same? It is safe to say that this would result in some very uncomfortable situations.
But, even for those who prefer smelling nice everywhere, all the time, there is a good solution. The cream from Revitol is currently our highest rated skin tag removal cream for this purpose. There is also a runner up called Dermatend who scored decently and others such as Tag Away, with a bit lower score.
There are also quite a few anti skin tag products around that don’t smell like a batch of chemicals thrown together.
So make sure to check them out over here and find one that smells nice.