What is Proactiv+ Acne Solution?
The Proactiv full skin solution, which includes a Skin Smoothing Exfoliator, Pore Targeting Treatment and a Complexion Perfecting Hydrator in the main kit. These 3 products claim to do the following: Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator – A mild cleansing product that is used for removing dead skin cells and excess sebum. Contains Benzoyl Peroxide and Glycolic Acid. It is a good sign if a product contains Benzoyl Peroxide, but it is not the “miracle cure” by itself. Proactiv+ Pore Targeting Treatment – Spray like product that when applied delivers acne bacteria killing ingredients to the pores, directly. It also boasts with containing Benzoyl Peroxide. Instead of using dermabrasion, this one uses its ingredients to directly dry the skin out of its excess oil. Proactiv+ Complexion Perfecting Hydrator – And lastly we have the hydrating solution which is used to counter the drying effect of the previous 2 products. Smooths, moisturizes the skin and makes it look bright. Another big ingredient in this one, this time Salycic Acid! The fact that many good ingredients are added to this, is indeed a good sign. However. What matters here are facts, not wishful thinking. So the question is… Does it work against acne?
It claims the following:
- Clear blemishes and prevents any continual acne breakouts.
- Brightens, softens, hydrates, smoothes skin.
What is the reality?
There are 3 products in total so only the most important ingredients are listed.
- Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator – Benzoyl Peroxide, Glycolic Acid, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Glycerinsodium, Hydroxide
- Proactiv+ Pore Targeting Treatment – Benzoyl Peroxide, Stearate, Dimethicone, Panthenol
- Proactiv+ Complexion Perfecting Hydrator – Salycic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrated Silica, Tea Tree Oil, Glycerin
- Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator – Prefered usage is once or twice per day, and only in small amounts directly to the skin. Massage said cream into the acne area for a minute or 2. Afterwards rinse with warm water.
- Proactiv+ Pore Targeting Treatment – When your skin has dried, apply a small amount (1-2 pumps) to the affected area and wait until it is absorbed.
- Proactiv+ Complexion Perfecting Hydrator -After Pore Targeting has completed absorbing, apply a decent amount or hydrator to the skin and let said hydrator absorb. Take care to not expose yourself to the sun. If it is inevitable, use a SPF 15 or higher sunscreen. Only use after the Perfecting Hydrator has been absorbed.
“It’s not that it’s bad, but it’s very misleading about what it offers. For example, whatever you buy for 40$ doesn’t even last for a month of use, and I had to buy 2 more packages so I could actually see results after the second month. Not saying that it doesn’t work, but be prepared to wait a long time and to pay more than the 40$, more like 120$.”
“It works! It really works! I had acne for a while now, and it wasn’t really getting any better, so I just picked one anti acne kit and luckily it worked. However I’m pretty chill so I just kept applying it and didn’t really look for results, since someone else will probably get mad as in the first month nothing happened. Really, nothing. Only after the third month did it suddenly start to disappear. So yeah, patience.”
“I was really excited about this product, but I got to say that I am disappointed.. I’ve been using it for a whole 2 months and it made my acne almost worst. If it helps, I have a bit more severe acne than usually so I think that’s why it doesn’t work, probably only against mild acne…”
ProActiv Acne Solution Ratings
While indeed a better than average product, the fact that it has taken those who have tried it so long to see any results prevents it from being one of the best acne treatments.