If you are pregnant, the changes which occur in your body could fill an entire book to show in full detail.
But what we will be focusing on, is skin tags.
It is actually rather common and completely normal that during pregnancy you will develop skin tags.
Why is this the case?
Well hormones for one play a part, however there is one more thing to remember.
- Skin tags form most often when skin rubs on other parts of the skin or fabric.
- So it makes sense that during pregnancy, especially the tummy area expands to a larger size, making rubbing all that easier.
- Because of this, the chances to get them are much higher after the 5th month, when the belly is really increasing in size.
What if it’s anything else and not skin tags?
There is no need if you are already pregnant, as if you regularly visit your gynecologist, if he has some experience he should have already spotted the skin tags. If not, bring it to his attention the next visit.
This is even more true during pregnancy, especially since a lot of times, they appear around the vaginal area.
If that is your case as well, it is HIGHLY recommended that you DON’T try cutting it or doing any removal yourself.
- This is because the vaginal area is very, very sensitive.
- Without a local anesthetic you may experience severe pain.
- This means no scissors or nail clippers which are easier to use for other areas of your body.
- Of course, apart from the eyelids and genital skin tags.
One thing to remember is that after pregnancy, when you have regained your initial body size, the skin tags will slowly disappear, as the cause(pregnancy) is over. Also, never panic, as skin tags are totally harmless by themselves.
So unless you really hate them, you might want to just wait it out until after pregnancy.
Then after the baby is safe and sound, you can begin treatment safely.
However. If you do not fall in the above, and want them gone and want them gone NOW, here are 3 ways that you can easily deal with them right now, during pregnancy and start feeling better pretty soon.
1. Tie a Knot Around it!
- While it may be a bit painful, specially for the vaginal area, it is a decent and rather unexpensive way to remove your skin tags.
- Take a string of dental floss from your bathroom locker.
- Make a knot around it and make sure it’s as tight as possible.
- In a few days, it’ll die of and fall off.
- Yes, it probably won’t feel the best, but it will probably work.
2. Freeze It using Liquid Nitrogen!
But let’s be serious.
- While it may sound severe, the amount of nitrogen you will be applying is so small that unless you directly put it in your eye (which is never a good idea), it can do you no harm whatsoever.
- This is done by using OTC home made kits.
- Just a nudge and the tag will be frozen into a solid state, and it will be shattered and separated from the skin. And just like that, the skin tag is gone.
- It does cost quite a bit, so unless you have multiple skin tags you might want to think twice going after this procedure.
- This was originally made for removing warts.
3. Let a Cream do the job!
Lately there is a cream for almost everything, beauty, skin care, stretch marks and now also for skin tags.
Just like in any cream market, you want results and you want them now, without needing to try out 10 creams before getting it.
- Now, all the creams reviewed are safe to use for pregnancy unless stated otherwise.
- While most creams do not induce allergies, always spot test any cream before applying a daily dose, so you don’t accidentally give yourself an allergy rash.
- Your baby will be unaffected by the creams as well.
As you can see, pregnancy calls for a bit different measures, especially since at this time, the babies growth is important and therefore subjecting yourself to severe pain may very well affect the baby negatively, so deciding on a less stressful treatment will be best for both of you.